From Vet Assistant to Veterinarian

Vet Med Life

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My first year of vet school flew by! It seems just like yesterday I received my blue lab coat and was welcomed into the veterinary profession. Let me just say that I have learned that the hardest thing about vet school is not getting in! Also, you must change your mind set the first day of vet school: "C's" are okay and your fellow classmates are there for you to learn from and study with...they are no longer your competitors for that highest grade!

Well second year is 3 weeks underway and it has been okay. Bacteriology/Mycology is quite similar to the Micro class I had in undergrad. Pathology is quite interesting; I never realized how many types of necroses there are. Parasitology is interesting in that I have learned that what I was taught in practice about rounds, hooks, coccidia, and giardia was not exactly accurate. Pharmacology I find rather interesting despite reviewing passive & facilitated diffusion for the 1 millionth time. Epidemiology is recalling the Biometry & Stats courses I took in undergrad. Jurisprudence is rather informative; I never knew there were so many laws/acts that pertained to veterinary medicine/animals. My electives are Bereavement & Shelter Medicine, both of which have been excellent so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home