From Vet Assistant to Veterinarian

Vet Med Life

Friday, October 08, 2004

Well, I had my second Bacti exam on Wednesday as well as my skills test. Both of which went quite well; although the skills test had a bit of controversy surrounding it. We were given a broth culture with 2 organisms & in 1 hour we had to figure out whether they were Gram + or - & if they were cocci, rods, branching rods, spirals, or yeast. It seemed rather simple since we had only seen Gram + cocci, Gram + & - rods, & Gram + yeast. Unfortunately the criteria on which we were to determine yeast was not quite accurate; one can also see Gram + rods on 40X.
Also, the test proved to be challenging because each of the 2 organisms present in the broth did not appear to be in equal proportions for most of my colleagues, including myself.


This is what my Gram + cocci organism looked like.


This is what my Gram - rods looked like.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home