From Vet Assistant to Veterinarian

Vet Med Life

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Today is election day, did you vote? My fellow vet students & I have been discussing the whole presidential election process the past few days and we have had noted a few "quirks" in the system:
  1. Everyone mentions how important it is to vote, yet I'm sure a lot of people feel that their vote is really not all that important in the states where it has already been declared as either a democratic stronghold or a republican stronghold. Could this be why approx. half of our country's population is even registered to vote?
  2. The electoral count should not be what declares a candidate the winner but instead it should be the popular vote. If everyone is equal than so should our votes be. If the popular vote is what declares the candidate a winner would more people vote?

I would answer yes to both the questions I posed & I would love to see them answered in my lifetime as well as a female presidential candidate. I also would love to see the 18-29 year old demographic that votes be higher than 17%!

Make sure to check this website to see who got the crap slapped out of them the most!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home