From Vet Assistant to Veterinarian

Vet Med Life

Monday, January 24, 2005

So this semester contains an eclectic variety of professors. Companion animal medicine (CAM) is my favorite class so far because it actually makes me feel like what I've learned so far will be useful in working in a clinic. The professor is an optho vet at our school's teaching hospital; he is extremely nice & his notes are thorough, thank goodness because sometimes he talks faster than I can write. Special pathology I think will be a challenge for me for a few reasons: 1) the professor talks way too fast! 2) the professor assumes we can recall everything we've learned the past year & a half, such as the Circle of Willis on the flip of the dime...@ least I remember its a "circle" of arteries on the ventral aspect of the brain :-) 3) we have to do presentations of a case by ourselves in front of our class of 98 & be "grilled" by our professors. I'm also a little concerned with Pharmacology because I have the same professors as last year, one of which has a strong accent & a hard time getting across the concepts so that everyone understands. Clinical pathology has been kinda a bore lately because we've spent a lot of time going over what we learned last semester in Epidemiology. Now this professor is the opposite of Special path's because he goes quite slow. The virology professor seems nice but she doesn't seem very excited to be teaching. How is one to be interested in learning about viruses if the professor lacks excitement/vigor about the subject? I'm hoping Food Safety & Public Help will be informative. There's a new professor teaching the course this year & I'm sure she is better than the prior professor..we haven't had a video yet. The only thing that scares me is the class might turn me into an obsessive, compulsive cleaner. Clinical procedures will complement the CAM class with a hands-on approach & will have several different teachers. I think by far the class I'll enjoy the most is my elective. It is Companion Animal Rehabilitation & I'll be learning about all types of rehab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home