From Vet Assistant to Veterinarian

Vet Med Life

Thursday, September 15, 2005

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!

Yet another one of our professors has announced that he is leaving the U of I College of Veterinary Medicine...& of course he's a clinician! Also, one of the Dr. Mrs & Mr.'s are retiring @ the end of the year. Finally (um highly doubt that thou), one of the Pharmacology professors is rumored to be leaving as well.

I hate to say this but there once was a day I would highly recommend students to apply & come to U of I CVM but with SO MANY people leaving I don't if I still would...I mean @ this point the whole VTH may be non-existent by the time my fourth year clinic rotations roll around!

Yeah, yeah, I know change is good & that turnover is inevitable but what the H*** am I paying $14,500 for a year...to see "Cardiovascular Department" on a wooden door which leads into a hallway with a Doppler & EKG but no cardiologist within a 100 mile radius! Yes, I'm bitter but where would Pets be without a heart?? Important organ?? Vital organ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home